|Name: ||Radko Mesiar |
|Born: ||August 26, 1951, Bratislava, Slovakia|
|Address: || Hrobákova 10, 851 02 Bratislava, Slovakia|
|Affiliation: ||Slovak University of Technology (STU) Bratislava|
Faculty of Civil Engineering, Department of Mathematics
Radlinského 11, 810 05 Bratislava, Slovakia
Positions at STU Bratislava:
- assistant professor (1978 – 1983)
- associate professor (1983 – 1998)
- full professor (since 1998)
- vice head of department (2000–2004)
- head of department (1994 – 2000, and since 2004)
Graduated at Comenius University, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, in 1974, PhD at the same faculty obtained in 1979 with PhD thesis “Subadditive martingale processes”. Since 1978 member of the Department of Mathematics at Faculty of Civil Engineering, STU Bratislava. DSc since 1996 (in Czech Republic, Academy of Sciences). Associate professor since 1983, full professor since 1998. Fellow member of Czech Academy of Sciences, Institute of Information and Automation, Praha (Czech Republic, since 1995) and of IRAFM, University of Ostrava (Czech Republic, since 2006).
Co-author of two scientific monographs (Triangular Norms, Kluwer, 2000; Aggregation Functions, Cambridge University Press, 2009) and 5 edited volumes. Author of more than 200 papers in WOS in journals like Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Information Sciences, IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Systems, Int. J. General Systems, J. Math. Anal. Appl., Int. J. Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems, Kybernetika, EJOR, Appl. Math. Letters, Non-Linear Analysis, etc.
Founder and organizer of conferences FSTA and AGOP.
Research stays in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, France, Italy, Poland, Serbia, Spain, and China.
Visiting teaching positions in Italy (Università “La Sapienza”, Roma, May 2000), Spain (Universidad de Alcalá, March 2001), and Austria (Johannes Kepler Universität, Linz, October 2002 – January 2003).
Fields of interest:
- measure theory,
- uncertainty modelling,
- fuzzy sets and fuzzy logic,
- multicriteria decision support,
- triangular norms,
- aggregation operators and related operators,
- intelligent computing.
Some recent publications:
more than 50 papers in impacted journals in the last 5 years, such as:
- Grabisch, M., Marichal, J.-L., Mesiar, R., Pap, E.: Aggregation Functions. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2009
- Mesiar, R., Li, J., Pap, E.: Discrete pseudo-integrals (2013) International Journal of Approximate Reasoning 54 (3) , pp. 357-364
- Bustince, H., Fernandez, J., Kolesárová, A., Mesiar, R.: Generation of linear orders for intervals by means of aggregation functions (2013) Fuzzy Sets and Systems 220 , pp. 69-77
- Klement, E.P., Kolesárová, A., Mesiar, R., Stupňanová, A.: A generalization of universal integrals by means of level dependent capacities (2013) Knowledge-Based Systems 38 , pp. 14-18
- Klement E.P., Mesiar R.: On the axiomatization of some classes of discrete universal integrals (2012) Knowledge-Based Systems, 28 , pp. 13-18.
- Durante F., Jaworski P., Mesiar R.: Invariant dependence structures and Archimedean copulas (2011) Statistics and Probability Letters, 81 (12) , pp. 1995-2003.
- Mesiar R., Mesiarová-Zemánková A., Ahmad K.: Discrete Choquet integral and some of its symmetric extensions (2011) Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 184 (1) , pp. 148-155.
- Komorníková M., Mesiar R.: Aggregation functions on bounded partially ordered sets and their classification (2011) Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 175 (1) , pp. 48-56.
- Mesiar R., Mesiarová-Zemánková A.: The ordered modular averages (2011) IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, 19 (1) , art. no. 5580045 , pp. 42-50.
- Grabisch M., Marichal J.-L., Mesiar R., Pap E.: Aggregation functions: Means (2011) Information Sciences, 181 (1) , pp. 1-22.
- Mesiar R., Pekárová M.: Ducs copulas (2010) Kybernetika, 46 (6) , pp. 1069-1077.
- Kolesárová A., Mesiar R.: Lipschitzian de Morgan triplets of fuzzy connectives
(2010) Information Sciences, 180 (18) , pp. 3488-3496.
- Bronevich A., Mesiar R.: Invariant continuous aggregation functions (2010) International Journal of General Systems, 39 (2) , pp. 177-188.
- Klement E.P., Mesiar R., Pap E.: A universal integral as common frame for Choquet and Sugeno integral (2010) IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, 18 (1) , art. no. 5361437 , pp. 178-187.